Make your own paper lantern at home – a perfect craft for Chinese New Year!
Based on her popular origami lantern workshop, Yuen has created a short video for you to follow along with at home.
- 1 sheet of A4 (21 x 29.7 cm) paper (colour of your choice)
- 1m piece of thread (colour of your choice)
- Hole puncher
- LED tealight candle/other small LED light (optional)
- Place your A4 paper horizontally and measure 11.7cm from the bottom.
- Mark this point and fold the top of the paper down along the full length of the paper.
- Unfold and cut along the crease to remove the top rectangle.
- You will be left with a rectangle for use with the below folding template (punch small holes where indicated)
Watch the full video below: