Work with Us
ARTS ADMINISTRATOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for an experienced Arts Administrator to support the general running of the organisation.
Job Title: Arts Administrator (Freelance)
Job Type: Part-time, 14 hours per week (12 month contract)
Hourly Rate: £10 per hour
Location: Glasgow G2 6HJ office, with some flexibility to work from home.
- undertaking administrative tasks
- ordering and managing stock
- generating and dealing with merchandise sales
- liaising with freelance artists and organising workshops
- updating Ricefield Arts’s website, social media, and monthly newsletters
- taking minutes at the monthly board meetings
- dealing with room hire matters
- carrying out any other reasonable duties as and when may be required by the board
Skills and qualifications required:
- Interest in Chinese culture (essential)
- Excellent organisational skills (essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (essential)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification (essential)
- Knowledge of Chinese arts and culture (desirable)
- Chinese (mandarin or Cantonese) language skills (desirable)
- PC literate (desirable)
- Right to work in the UK
Please email email@example.com your CV and covering letter outlining your skills, experience and interests by 5pm, Thursday 2 April 2020. Interviews will take place on week commencing Monday 6th April.
SEEKING BOARD MEMBERS
Ricefield Arts & Cultural Centre, a registered charity and social enterprise for the exploration and promotion of Chinese culture, has an excellent reputation for delivering original and inspiring creative experiences, cultural events and workshops to community groups, public institutions and arts audiences around Scotland.
We wish to appoint additional trustees to join our small board. We are seeking candidates with arts development, business development, events background, desirably with some knowledge of Chinese arts and culture, or connection to the Chinese community in Scotland. We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
All trustees should be able to attend monthly board meetings at our central Glasgow office. In addition, we ask trustees to attend our annual board development day, important meetings with stakeholders and some events, where possible. As Ricefield Arts is a social enterprise, the role also involves serving on our Board of Directors. We therefore ask that candidates are able to demonstrate some business knowledge.
Please note that this is a voluntary role. Neither the trustees nor directors receive any remuneration, however expenses incurred in carrying board duties will be fully reimbursed.
If you are interested in joining us please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interests and experience.
- Assist in delivering our arts and education programmes
- Be part of our marketing and sales activities
- Gain insight into the day to day running of an arts organisation
There are regular volunteering opportunities at Ricefield. More information can be found here.