Work with Us
Community Placement (Volunteer) – DEADLINE EXTENDED
Ricefield Arts & Cultural Centre is offering a community placement role for someone with a passion for community development and interest in supporting cultural activities.
We are a Glasgow-based organisation, known for promoting Chinese culture through workshops, events, exhibitions and community engagement projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting and delivering cultural events and workshops
- Engaging with our community and working with our artists, staff, and volunteers
- Undertaking administrative tasks
- Ordering and managing stock and workshop resources
- Generating and processing charitable arts and crafts merchandise sales
- Updating Ricefield Arts’s website, social media, and monthly newsletters
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties as and when may be required by the board
What you can expect:
- Working with young people
- Joining a variety of cultural events and working with an amazing team
- Gaining interpersonal skills, communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Understanding managerial structures and hierarchies and operating accordingly within the organisation structure
- Obtaining first-hand cultural experience and experience of a real workplace
To find out more, please download our role description: Ricefield Arts Placement 2021 Role Description
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 15th January 2020. Interviews will take place in January 2021.
SEEKING BOARD MEMBERS
Ricefield Arts & Cultural Centre, a registered charity and social enterprise for the exploration and promotion of Chinese culture, has an excellent reputation for delivering original and inspiring creative experiences, cultural events and workshops to community groups, public institutions and arts audiences around Scotland.
We wish to appoint additional trustees to join our small board. We are seeking candidates with arts development, business development, events background, desirably with some knowledge of Chinese arts and culture, or connection to the Chinese community in Scotland. We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
All trustees should be able to attend monthly board meetings at our central Glasgow office. In addition, we ask trustees to attend our annual board development day, important meetings with stakeholders and some events, where possible. As Ricefield Arts is a social enterprise, the role also involves serving on our Board of Directors. We therefore ask that candidates are able to demonstrate some business knowledge.
Please note that this is a voluntary role. Neither the trustees nor directors receive any remuneration, however expenses incurred in carrying board duties will be fully reimbursed.
If you are interested in joining us please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com outlining your interests and experience.
- Assist in delivering our arts and education programmes
- Be part of our marketing and sales activities
- Gain insight into the day to day running of an arts organisation
There are regular volunteering opportunities at Ricefield. More information can be found here.